Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 01 2012 Racket, racket, racket

Racket, racket , racket, racket. So I walked into a local Title Boxing club gym, after so many emails promoting the place I said , what the heck let me take a look at it. They have dozens of heavy bags, a whopping 2 speed bags and...that's it. One huge boxing ring, which they do not use because they do not spar. What kind of boxing gym does not allow their embers to spar? Title boxing will be your answer.

Of course saw a couple of housewives pretending to receive boxing or kickboxing lessons for a prmotional fee of 59 dollars to enroll and 59 bucks a month, you get to warm up for 20 minutes, hit the heavy bags for a whopping 3 full rounds, that is 3 minutes each round with one minute in between of rest and cool down exercises for a grand total of 45 minutes of workout.

I went to a local sports shop, yes I will mention the name, free advertisement, Academy Sports and Outdoors and bought a heavy bag on sale  for 44 buck, plus hand wraps and heavy bag gloves all for less than 59 buck. I hung it on my backyard, and I can train for as long as I want every frigging day if I want. Now that is what I call a good value!

Oh, forgot to mention, I was a full contact karate fighter and kick boxer during from 1981 untill 1994, so mind me the "lessons".


No comments:

Post a Comment